Tuesday, March 13, 2012

the madness continues......

Here's the next step towards the final illustration. I was only supposed to use 4 values on this, and I think I was moderately successful. Going for a graphic, Frank Frazetta-esque look. Might add parts of futuristic armor, or cyborg parts to him, just to tie the fantasy and science fiction elements together a bit. Gonna have to play around with how best to emphasize him, since I feel that he isn't quite as strong a focal point as I want him. Well, gotta keep working!


This is the latest weekly sketch. The theme was something mechanical, and I originally thought of doing a transformer, or something steampunk. Then, my dad suggested I do a drawing of a fighter jet, since one of the artists I've been following, Feng Zhu, gave the students at his school the assignment to draw some fighter jets, and those turned out spectacularly. This sketch tuned out to be NOTHING to their level, but it was a good exercise in perspective. Just gotta watch my values, composition, and have a cooler idea for next challenge which is........ something moving. Hmm..... an acrobatic quickening fair that's been genetically mutated with a musk ox? Gonna have to think about that one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment